Saturday, October 07, 2006

I'm in awe of Paresh Rawal: Lara Dutta

Lara Dutta shares what it was like being the only woman on the all-male set of 'Bhagambhag'.
We caught up with Lara Dutta in Chennai on the sets of 'Bhagambhag' looking hotter than ever, as she has lost some weight. "It always feels nice to get a compliment of this sort," says Lara who has been regularly working out, apart from keeping a strict eye on her diet.
What has her excited is the fact that she is the only female actor in the predominantly male cast of Priyadarshan's film, which includes Akshay Kumar, Govinda and Paresh Rawal. However, she says that being the only woman, she has been ragged non-stop on the sets.
"I have become the butt of all their jokes. But after they saw me doing some stunts for my scenes, they have stopped being nasty to me. They even started considering me one of their buddies and I had to listen to all that typical man talk! And man! Most of their conversations revolved around women!" she says with a laugh.
"Finally, they came to the consensus that they were tired of looking only at me and they needed some other heroines too! But I must say they have all pampered me silly!" she adds. However, there was one wish that she couldn't fulfil even as they completed their last schedule in Chennai. "I am in awe of Paresh Rawal. However, I have yet not been able to muster up the courage to tell him that I am a big fan of his," she says shyly.
Lara was all set to fly off to London to join Preity Zinta, Abhishek Bachchan and Bobby Deol. She says, "That schedule should be fun too. But here they are going to miss me. Serves them right, they won't have any woman around now!"

No comments: